[Qgis-user] Split features tool behavior

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Fri Jun 2 01:48:24 PDT 2017

Hi Andreas,

--snip---

>>> Chaining those 2 tools manually produces exactly the output I would
>>> expect.
>>> - I use "Split Parts" and receive the halves which form the invalid
>>> geometry
>>> - then I use "Split off one part and add it as a new feature" on the
>>> part which I want to separate
>>> - make sure the primary key is valid and
>>> - done
>>>
>> this sounds like a straight workflow, although changing tools all the time
>> seems a bit inconvenient :-)
>
> Exactly. Therefore having this combined in one tool would be a nice addition.
> You could have following input flow:
> - select "insert name here" tool
> - digitise splitting geometry
> - split
> - click on split part
> - further attribute editing
>
> Or use e.g. the MapInfo logic to that.

I filed a ticket in DigitizingTools for that [1]. Feel free to comment
on this.
There is also a related ticket in core [2]

Bernhard

[1] https://github.com/bstroebl/DigitizingTools/issues/19
[2] https://issues.qgis.org/issues/12754

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 15517 (20170602) __________