[Qgis-user] Attribute table filtering on visible, unexpected results

David Gessel gessel at blackrosetech.com
Fri Jun 2 09:26:35 PDT 2017

I'm trying to insert an attribute table in a composer window.  I have a base map - Map 0 - and filter on the items visible within the map.   If I select "Show only features visible within a map" and have only one map - I can select Map 0 (or rename it and select that name) but it shows zero features.  If I unselect "Show only features visible within a map" I get all the features in the table (as expected).  If I select the option again and then select anything else that would cause a redraw, "Composer Map" selection reverts to blank and no features are drawn

If I add a new map, I still can't select that new map.

If I delete the existing attribute table and add a new one, i can filter on Map 1, but not on Map 0.

If I delete the new attribute table and map 1 and draw a new attribute table, it will filter on Map 0.

If I select map 1 as the filter, I can't select map 0 again unless I delete both map 1 and the attribute table and draw a new one....

I -think- this isn't the desired behavior, no?  One can work around it though.

-David