[Qgis-user] unexpected CRS behavior (GRASS)

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Mon Jun 12 01:37:52 PDT 2017

See also:
https://issues.qgis.org/issues/10137 and
https://issues.qgis.org/issues/14499 for the QGIS side of it.

And
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3262
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3193
on the GRASS side, maybe also related:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2229

I did not check CRS handling in v.out.ogr though (which I guess Processing is using for vector data).
It could also be an issue in the way processing generates the location (e.g. without explicitly defining EPSG code, (but I did not look at the source code)...

If QGIS would use v.external.out SRID of the output could be handled explicitly. But that approach might have drawbacks if tools can be chained in processing...

Cheers
Stefan