[Qgis-user] Joining polylines with overlapping points to 1 polyline with merged points

Martin Bain Martin.Bain at lismore.nsw.gov.au
Wed Jun 14 15:51:30 PDT 2017

Hi Jens,
I guess there is more than one way to combine your lines into a single object – you could end up with a multipart object (multilinestring) or a single polyline.

Have you tried the Dissolve command?  I quick test for me produced a single polyline with no duplicate points from two separate lines.
Cheers,
Martin.