[Qgis-user] Looking for a function or variable to retrieve canvas extent

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 09:31:02 PDT 2017

Unfortunately, this was also my conclusion.... And I'm not sure to
understand why: is it a choice of design to not expose them or a missing
feature (that i can open a report for)?

I can do an ovelap check of the feature geometry and a static extent ie,
something like
within ($geometry, make_polygon(geom_from_wkt('LINESTRING(a closed
rectangle based on canvas extent coordinates in status bar)')))
and it seems to work once on two (not pretty sure of the result!) but it's
STATIC!