[Qgis-user] QGis server getprint request / layer order

lars lingner gislars+list at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 05:43:47 PDT 2017

Hello,

I've set up a qgis server and trying to get the getprint-Request
working. After first trouble getting a output at all, I discovered at a
blog post [1], xvfb is needed by QGis-Server.

Using a QGis print template I'm able to request a map. But all polygon
layers are rendered on top. This happens when the map name or group name
is used in the request.
Requesting all layers by name, the order is right.

I compared the QGis logfile for a request with group name and all layer
names and it is the same. The layer names are in the right order, if the
order in the log is actually showing render order.

Using the template in QGis-Desktop the output has the correct layer
order. Only the getprint Request isn't working the way I thought it should.

WMS requests are working, no problem with layer order here.

I tested it with OSM Data and a new QGis project file, downloaded 4
layers (points,lines,multilines,polygons) and put them in a group.
I'm using QGis 2.18.10 on Ubuntu with PostgreSQL and Shapefiles as source.

The getProjectSettings request is listing the layers also in the right
order.

How can I debug this further? I coulnd find anything in the web or db
server log nor in QGis logfile. Had anybody else this kind of issue and
probably a solution?

[1] https://www.itopen.it/qgis-server-setup-notes/