[Qgis-user] QGis server getprint request / layer order

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jun 29 07:03:29 PDT 2017

Hi Lars,

Regarding @xvfb: you don't need specifically xvfb, but any XServer. xvfb
is just one way of satisfying this requirement. Any XServer would do ...
It is a requirement of the qt library, if you want to output to PDF.

------------------------

Regarding layer order:

I had a similar issue - but it was the same layer order problem in
GetMap and GetPrint. I am surprised that the issue only surfaces in
GetPrint for you - are you sure?

See the fix at
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/6b5a997df578a7996dc95e93690fe0a3d24e089b

So if you use QGIS server 2.18 which was compiled before April 18,
please install a newer version and see if the issue is fixed for you?

Greetings,

Andreas

On 2017-06-29 14:43, lars lingner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've set up a qgis server and trying to get the getprint-Request
> working. After first trouble getting a output at all, I discovered at a
> blog post [1 [1]], xvfb is needed by QGis-Server.
>
> Using a QGis print template I'm able to request a map. But all polygon
> layers are rendered on top. This happens when the map name or group name
> is used in the request.
> Requesting all layers by name, the order is right.
>
> I compared the QGis logfile for a request with group name and all layer
> names and it is the same. The layer names are in the right order, if the
> order in the log is actually showing render order.
>
> Using the template in QGis-Desktop the output has the correct layer
> order. Only the getprint Request isn't working the way I thought it should.
>
> WMS requests are working, no problem with layer order here.
>
> I tested it with OSM Data and a new QGis project file, downloaded 4
> layers (points,lines,multilines,polygons) and put them in a group.
> I'm using QGis 2.18.10 on Ubuntu with PostgreSQL and Shapefiles as source.
>
> The getProjectSettings request is listing the layers also in the right
> order.
>
> How can I debug this further? I coulnd find anything in the web or db
> server log nor in QGis logfile. Had anybody else this kind of issue and
> probably a solution?
>
> [1] https://www.itopen.it/qgis-server-setup-notes/

Links:
------