[Qgis-user] Unknown topology of empty WFS layer ?

Lars I. Nielsen, LIFA A/S lin at LIFA.DK
Fri Jun 30 02:39:57 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm preparing a QGIS project for a customer, and have (among other) three layers with points, lines, and areas respectively.

I'm adapting the project from a previously made project by altering the data connections. The databases are identical in structure, so it works. The layers are all fetched using WFS-T.

So far I only have data in the points and areas layers, none in the lines layer. The lines dataset (table) in the database is present, and published as WFS (Geoserver), and all metadata (afaik) is present (i.e. "geometry_columns").

I would like to be able to digitize lines into the line layer, but apparently QGIS cannot determine the topology, and (I suppose that's also why) I can't add any styles via the "properties" dialog or elsewhere.

Is there any way, that I can tell QGIS that the layer should contain line features ?

And how can I add suitable (line) styles to display the lines without any features present ?

Using 2.18.7 (32+64) Windows

Med venlig hilsen

Lars I. Nielsen, LIFA A/S
GIS-konsulent