[Qgis-user] An issue with DEM terrain models

Giacomo Fontanelli giacomofontanelli76 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 08:13:37 PST 2017

Hi everybody

I'm using a SRTM 4 (Geotiff, Int16 - Sixteen bit signed integer) and QGIS
2.18.1.

I tried to produce a slope map using Raster > analysis > DEM (terrain
model).

In case I would like to have degrees as output i obtain a map with values
from 89.5 to 90 degrees only, so almost impossible to classify.

In case I flag the option"Slope expressed as percent" I obtain a map with
more pixel values, but the slope is expressd with numbers from 0 to1971690.

What's the problem?

Thank you