[Qgis-user] Unable to open XTF (INTERLIS 2) file in QGIS

Germán Carrillo carrillo.german at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 05:48:05 PDT 2017

Hi All,

I'm attempting to visualize the data contained in a XTF file in QGIS (OGR
provider). I'm using these data [1], specifically the Lake polygon layer,
which has 3 features.

QGIS displays the geometries but cannot distinguish among features, i.e.,
if I select one, all 3 lakes are selected. Moreover, all 3 records in the
attribute table have the same attributes. Strangely, printing each
feature's id using PyQGIS gives me -1.

One could think it's an OGR issue; however, the following OGR command is
able to distinguish the 3 features properly, each one with its own id and
attributes:

$ ogrinfo -ro data/CHBaseEx_WaterNet_V1.xtf CHBaseEx_WaterNet_V1.WaterNet_
WithModificationObjects.Lake

I've confirmed this issue in QGIS v2.14.x, 2.18.x, and 2.99 (built on
Monday). In the latter, the attribute table shows only one record, although
QGIS displays 3 polygons.

Is this a known problem? Should I create an issue in QGIS Issue Tracking?

Regards,

Germán
--
[1] http://www.interlis.ch/interlis2/docs23/Testdatensatz_Basismodelle_