[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.18.2 Crashes often on Mac (Yosemite 10.10.5)

NPE NewPathEconometrics newpatheconometrics at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 12:52:59 PDT 2017

Thank you.

I can't reliably "reproduce it" other than knowing that when I have certain
multiple layers loaded through a connection in my PostgreSQL database, it
can happen often when I pan or zoom the map. As somebody else pointed out,
after looking at the stack trace information I posted, it seems to be a
specific to drawing a marker symbol...

> "Your stack indicates the Qt crashed trying to draw an ellipse, as
> invoked by QGIS while attempting to start rendering of a marker symbol.
> This is probably a straightforward crash to resolve by someone familiar
> with the code."

I can try to get a more specific set of repro steps, but I think it will be
hard to get others to repro it, unless I give my PostgreSQL database to
others? I might see if I can repro it with just SHP files, instead of using
a connection to the DB. If that is possible, then perhaps I can make these
SHP files available to others by posting them somewhere.

I was hoping that the stack trace information might be useful to "the
devs"?

Also, if this is just an issue with Macs, or how the libraries are built,
is there a way for me to narrow that down? BTW, I only have this Mac to run
QGIS, so I can't test it on another machine.

Thanks again. I'll see if I can identify a set of "sure fire" repro steps
for this.

Regards