[Qgis-user] Interpolation, include breaklines for buildings

KevinKnoche kevin.knoche at gmx.de
Fri May 12 07:05:12 PDT 2017

Hey there,

I'm currently working on a project concerning heavy rainfalls. What I'm
supposed to do is an 2D numerical calculation of flooded area of a town. For
this I have a special plugin for QGIS.

What this plugin needs is a precise DEM includes breaklines of buildings,
walls etc.
I've already managed to build up a DEM from LIDAR Data including some
breaklines with Z-Values.
What makes some trouble is the fact, that I only managed to include the
breaklines for the buildings like a bowl so that they only have foundation
walls and no roof. So if it would rain they will be filled up with water
instead of contributing to the surface runoff.

Does somebody of you have an idea how to include roofs onto the breaklines?
Plane ones would be precise enough.

Thanks a lot :)
Kevin