[Qgis-user] fixed distance buffer problem? qgis 2.18.8

Laurence Béchet bechet.laurence at gmail.com
Wed May 24 16:57:39 PDT 2017

Hi
I tried to find any similar issue reported here, but did not.

I try to create fixed distance buffers around lines (not dissolved). If
I don't specify an output file (temporary file by default) I get my
buffers. If I specify a file, I get an error message in the log section
but the file is correctly created (though not displayed):

The following layers were not correctly generated.

  * Buffer

You can check the log messages to find more information about the
execution of the algorithm

The same problem arises with point files.

With previous versions of qgis, the buffer file created was called
'buffer' whether you had given it a name or not when it was
automatically loaded, which also was a pain ...

Windows8 pro 64bits
qGIS 2.18.8 code revision cde1d78

Cheers
Laurence