[Qgis-user] Greek characters in attribute table

Tilemachos Moymoyris tilemachosfek at yahoo.gr
Sun Nov 5 08:12:58 PST 2017

Greetings from Greece,I would like to ask a very common question about greek and attribute table. I run win10 32bit and Qgis 2.18.14. When i download shapefiles from geodata.gov.gr i am not able to view names in attribute table in greek. I get only questionmarks. I have tried changing the encoding when opening the file and also i have tried to open the dbf file and change the encoding there. I cannot view neither in the dbf file the correct characters.