[Qgis-user] vector digitizing question

Madry, Scott madrys at email.unc.edu
Thu Nov 9 06:43:08 PST 2017

Hello all. I have a vector polygon shape file that was originally created in ArcGIS. I have recently added three polygons to the file using QGIS, but the results (attached) show that the area and perimeter values for these are not computed. How can I, in QGIS, generate these area and perimeter fields to be added? I know I can manually do the areas using the ‘Measure’ tool, but would prefer an automated process. Does Arc just create these automatically? Can QGIS?

Thanks so much,

Scott

Scott Madry, Ph.D.
Research Associate Professor of Archaeology

Tel         1-919-448-4493
Email:    madrys at email.unc.edu<mailto:madrys at email.unc.edu>
https://scottmadry.web.unc.edu
Skype:   scott.madry