[Qgis-user] QGIS SVG: outdated warning

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Sat Nov 25 07:39:31 PST 2017

I think Nyall will have some more information where things go right and
where they (can) go wrong.

Before improving the dialog text, we will need some insights into what
actually can go wrong and if we are able to predict that a certain
output is particularly prone to suffer from deficiencies.

As a second step we can write a message (or messages) that hints a user
towards potential problems (we see you are using blend modes, these will
be lost when exporting to format X, consider using Y instead) and give
task-focused suggestions (if you want to further edit the result or use
it for interactive web-publishing, use SVG, if you use it for printing
and static presentation prefer PDF).

Bests

Matthias