[Qgis-user] Color fill expression and outline color.

Fuenfer-Koenigstein.Benjamin2 at swm.de Fuenfer-Koenigstein.Benjamin2 at swm.de
Mon Oct 9 06:56:34 PDT 2017

Hi Roxo,

I can't reproduce. Of course I don't have your data source, but that shouldn't be the reason. I use PostGIS-Data and use a integer-field with three possible values (1,2 or 3) to do a rule based fill color selection similar to yours.
I'm using QGIS 2.18.12, Polygon data from PostGIS, single symbol, simple fill, outline color #ff0000, outline with 2mm, fill color by following expression:
CASE
WHEN  "field1" = 1 THEN '0,0,255'
WHEN  "field2" = 2 THEN '255,255,0'
ELSE '0,255,0'
END
Works as expected, the fill color is choosen by the expression as expected and the outline color allways stays the same as selected in the style menu. Can't imagine how fill color setting influences outline color selection. Anyway, as I'm using expressions for color selection very often, im courious for the reason of the problem you encounter!

Regards
Benjamin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Qgis-user [mailto:qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] Im Auftrag von Fernando M. Roxo da Motta
Gesendet: Montag, 9. Oktober 2017 14:58
An: qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org
Betreff: [Qgis-user] Color fill expression and outline color.

  Hi all,

  I am working with  a very simple polygon layer and used a single
symbol style with a simple color fill.   I used an expression to
determine the color to fill the area.   The expression is:

  case
     when "arremat" = 0 then   '0,180,0,50'
     when "arremat" = 1 then   '0,180,0,255'
  end

  Obs: first I used "rgba_color(0,180,0,x)" and changed to the string.
       both worked as expected.

  So far so good.   The color selection worked fine.   The problem I
am having is that the outline is not being draw, or it is being drawn with the selected color of the color fill.

  Is that as expected or is this an "undocumented feature"? (AKA bug)

  I solved this problem using the Rule-based styling, but decided to report just in case.

  Regards.

  Roxo

--
---------------- Non luctari, ludare -------------------+ WYSIWYG