[Qgis-user] Field-dependent feature style or label

Mark Polczynski mhp.techforge at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 09:53:40 PDT 2017

I have a layer with 1000+ point features.  I am going back to check the
field values for each feature.  I have a field named "Check" that I change
the value of after I check the feature.  I want to change either the symbol
style or the label color of a feature based on whether or not I have
checked the feature.  In other words, I want to make the symbol style
and/or the label color of a particular feature dependent on the value of a
particular field.  For example, if my “Check” field for a feature is blank
(I haven't checked the feature yet), then the symbol for that feature is a
red circle, but if the ”Check” field is “OK”, then the symbol changes to a
green star.  Or, if the field is blank, then the label is red, but if the
filed is “OK", the label changes to green.

By the way, I'm pretty new at QGIS, so would need some pretty detailed
instructions on how to do this.  Thanks for any help on this!
--
Mark Polczynski