[Qgis-user] wrong SRS identification (new information)

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Sat Oct 14 23:58:41 PDT 2017

Don't take it badly, but I have to pump this error message here as well.
The errors are accumulating and I have no idea if the problem will persist
with QGIS3: https://issues.qgis.org/issues/17138

Even if it will be fixed in QGIS3, keep in mind that many users and
corporations want to stay with QGIS2 (e.g. because plugins are not
compatible or the GUI has changed or whatever).

The problem is really critical, because the detection of the correct
reference system is essential for the calculations. The least evil is
the error message that QGIS throws out when mixing EPSG:3044 with
EPSG: 25832. EPSG: 3044 apparently has the same parameters as EPSG:25832,
but it differs from EPSG: 25832 by the interchanged ordinate and abscissa.
>From a geodesic point of view, this is horror.

GDAL's gdalsrsinfo parses the information correctly. As a quick
workaround, you could simply get the result from it. Since GDAL is
needed for QGIS, this shouldn't be a problem.