[Qgis-user] wrong SRS identification (new information)

Patrick Dunford blackwhitekez at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 14:15:10 PDT 2017

I had issues with later masters not detecting CRS from project files
generated by earlier masters. My projects and shapefiles mostly use
EPSG:3857 and Qgis 3 would set the project to have no assigned CRS.

I have not seen issues with any version of 2.18, or opening 2.18 project
files in 3.0, suggesting it could be a different issue than the one you
are experiencing.