[Qgis-user] spatial-temporal data vizualization

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Oct 23 12:20:25 PDT 2017

On 23-10-17 20:06, Luigi Pirelli wrote:
> probably https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/crayfish/

Yep, that one I also wanted to tell about.

I'm also very much interested in this topic given we are moving to QGIS3...

I'm brainwaving about having 'time' a first time citizen in QGIS.

For example:
- make MapLayer's time aware (depending on providers), by standardizing
on a certain DateTime-format (UTC-timestamps, or QtDateTime's?) or 2 per
feature: from/to) which maybe could be stored in parallel of the real
data (AND get an index there), maybe in a geopackage?
- having some 'Time'-event, one which those TimeLayers get filtered (as
fast as possible)
- maybe have a small reusable time-widget (with 2 handles) which could
be used as filterwidget in the legend (for individual layers AND groups)
too?

I think choosing for some default for graph view's would be perfect too:
preferably usable for both cpp + python.

Though not able to do or pay, I hope by blowing a little that we can
make 'Time' flying a liitle higher in QGIS...

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde