[Qgis-user] polygonize tool gdal error

Damion Theobald damo051078 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 03:56:17 PDT 2017

When we install QGIS 2.14 or 2.18 on our lab machinesrunning Windows 7 using our software distribution system, everything works fineexcept the polygonize tool. When we install QGIS on standalone machines thistool tends to work fine in most (but not all) cases, occasionally we get thesame problem. I’m struggling to find the cause of this.

To reproduce:

1) Load a raster file.

2) Raster->Conversion->polygonize. Choose the inputraster and somewhere to write the output vector file and select 'DN'.

Error:

Traceback(most recent call last):
File "c:\Programs\QGIS\bin\gdal_polygonize.py", line 35, in
from osgeo import gdal
File"c:\Programs\QGIS\apps\Python27\lib\site-packages\osgeo\__init__.py",line 21, in
_gdal = swig_import_helper()
File"c:\Programs\QGIS\apps\Python27\lib\site-packages\osgeo\__init__.py",line 17, in swig_import_helper
_mod = imp.load_module('_gdal', fp, pathname, description)
ImportError: DLL load failed: The operating system cannot run %1.

Any suggestions gratefully received.
RegardsDamion Theobald