[Qgis-user] Fail to connect to internal GPS device

Russell Fisher fisher.r at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 4 13:40:22 PDT 2017

Hello,

This is my first time posting to this list.  If I violate some protocols
please forgive.

I am trying to get Qgis to recognize the internal GPS device in a Samsung
Book tablet, running Windows 10.

GPS Tools plugin is installed. Documentation suggests I should see two GPS
Icons on the tool bar, but they do not appear.

In the GPS Information Panel the 'Internal'  button is not enabled.
'Autodetect' fails to connect.

Is there a setting I need to alter.

Windows Maps is able to recognize the internal device but Qgis is not.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Russell Fisher