[Qgis-user] QGIS Freezes when zooming or dezooming when a WMS service is used

Geogram bureau.etudes at geogram.fr
Tue Sep 12 00:43:59 PDT 2017

Good morning to all,

Context :

Version : 2.18.11 (had the same problem with version 2.14.6)

OS : Windows 7 Pro, SP1, 64 bits

Hardware : I5-3550 at 3.30 Ghz – Ram=16Go

Access to the Net via a small network and a physical firewall (ZyXEL) (ADSL
speed test tells upload 533 Kbits/sec and download 8.77 Mbits/sec)

QGIS tends to freeze when zooming or dezooming if a WMS service is used
(Windows tells QGis is not responding, even after half an hour). Doesn’t
happens each time but I’ve been unable to find what’s different when it
freeze and when it doesn’t.

Has anyone experienced the same problem ?

Has anyone a clue to solve this ?

Regards

B. SPANNEUT

Benoît SPANNEUT