[Qgis-user] Convert 3d polyline to 2d QGIS while retaining Z value in your Attributes table

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Sep 15 07:50:50 PDT 2017

Hi Eddisson?

Which z value? In your example you have different z-values attached to
vertices, but you can only hold a single z-value per record.

There are expressions like z(feature) that work on points, and there are
expressions like point_n(LineStringGeom) to access a certain node. With
this, you could say extract the z-values of the first node of a feature.

Getting an aggregate (say mean z-value) of all nodes would be more
complex and I am not sure if it can be done without Python.

Andreas