[Qgis-user] Building QGIS >= 2.18.12 on Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya - with Oracle provider?

Patrick Dunford blackwhitekez at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 04:28:36 PDT 2017

My counsel is build to one of the supported platforms (Debian or
[a]Ubuntu), not derivatives. This can be done easily in a virtual machine.

There are some xenial-specific issues in general which are not there if
using a later release.

None of these comments may be relevant to your particular situation.
What is most relevant is that only a small number of distros are
supported and Debian/Ubuntu are the most supported.