[Qgis-user] Building QGIS3 for OS X with MacPorts

Patrick Dunford blackwhitekez at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 22:13:49 PDT 2017

libpq-fe is a Postgresql library. Although the build I did back from
January this year doesn't have a #include in testqgspostgresprovider.cpp
for libpq-fe unlike your example, it certainly does have those test files.

I haven't done many builds, mostly my interest was to get a more stable
development version than the most recent one so I actually could use it
with real data, as there are enough differences in project file formats
to make it difficult to maintain separate 2.18 and master versions. At
some point along the way I felt it was stable enough to use on a day to
day basis, but every so often a new version introduces some sort of
issue and then you need something older to fall back on.

It is possible that among the packages you had to download and install
from package repositories (or whatever you use for your platform) a
package that contains this library was omitted. See this for example:

https://www.garron.me/en/bits/solved-pg-gem-arch-linux-libpq-fe-h.html
(pacman is the package manager for Arch Linux)