[Qgis-user] Repair layer (due to deleted arcs / attribute rows)

SatuSaber satu.phillips at saber-uk.com
Tue Aug 7 05:08:38 PDT 2018

I am looking for a function that is similar to "Pack Table" in MapInfo...

Does QGIS 3.2.1 have a function that allows repair of vector layers where
either an arc or a row from the attribute has been deleted (for example, the
arc has been deleted accidentally but the row still exists in the attribute
table - for example when working with a MapInfo table hasn't been packed)?
Or is there a work-around / way of finding sections that have issues?  I
have tried going through the Processing Toolbox menus and searching here and
on Google endlessly but I think I must be using the wrong terminology as I'm
not finding anything useful.

I frequently receive layers (usually either .tab or .shp) which need to be
saved as .mid(.mif) for uploading to another bit of (bespoke) software and
get errors where the .mid row count and .mif record count don't match.  It
has not been an issue until now as I had access to MapInfo and the "Pack
Table" function but this is not the case any longer and I am stuffed..

Any help for a newbie would be hugely appreciated.