[Qgis-user] Repair layer (due to deleted arcs / attribute rows)

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Aug 7 05:24:45 PDT 2018

On mardi 7 août 2018 05:08:38 CEST SatuSaber wrote:
> I am looking for a function that is similar to "Pack Table" in MapInfo...
>
> Does QGIS 3.2.1 have a function that allows repair of vector layers where
> either an arc or a row from the attribute has been deleted (for example, the
> arc has been deleted accidentally but the row still exists in the attribute
> table - for example when working with a MapInfo table hasn't been packed)?
> Or is there a work-around / way of finding sections that have issues?  I
> have tried going through the Processing Toolbox menus and searching here
> and on Google endlessly but I think I must be using the wrong terminology
> as I'm not finding anything useful.
>
> I frequently receive layers (usually either .tab or .shp) which need to be
> saved as .mid(.mif) for uploading to another bit of (bespoke) software and
> get errors where the .mid row count and .mif record count don't match.  It
> has not been an issue until now as I had access to MapInfo and the "Pack
> Table" function but this is not the case any longer and I am stuffed..

When you save a .tab to .mif, it should ignore deleted features as if they had
never existed and produce consistent .mif and .mid files. If not, can you
create a ticket at
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues and attach the original
.tab,.dat,.idx,.map files and the .mif,.mif that wouldn't have consistant row
counts. And if you have the corresponding repaired .mid,.mif by MapInfo, that
would be helpful

Even

http://www.spatialys.com