[Qgis-user] Install ver. 2.14 and 3.2 on the same computer

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 19:10:38 PDT 2018

Hi there

The reason that the new version will cause the old version to uninstall
includes partly that the package always installs Qgis into the same paths.

Only when installing on the Windows platform with OSGeo4W do you have an
option to change the install path to allow multiple versions.

If you want to run two different versions on Linux then one way is to
build the new version from the source code, and in the Make file you
change the installation path to a custom path(s) for that make. This is
fully described in the documentation that comes with the source code
downloads.

However I am not quite sure how it works on the Mac platform but I
believe it is the same overall procedure for a make install from source
code.