[Qgis-user] Point layer output from modeller point parameter

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 15:18:09 PDT 2018

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 at 23:15, Philip Barlow
<philipb at pembrokeshirecoast.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>

> Is there a way to create a point layer as an output from the point parameter in the modeller? For example if you wanted to record the click location as well as generate e.g. a viewshed or water outlet.
>

> I’ve had a bit of a trawl through the tools, not found anything that fits the bill yet.

Unfortunately not (at least, not out of the box). There's an algorithm
which converts an extent parameter to a vector layer, but the
equivalent doesn't exist (yet) for point parameters.

The source for "extent to layer" is at
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/analysis/processing/qgsalgorithmextenttolayer.cpp,
if you know c++ and feel like adding a point version. Otherwise, you
could use a similar approach and create a python script algorithm
using the script template to do this task.

Nyall