[Qgis-user] Repeated maps with different datasets

ameces ameces1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 16:43:23 PDT 2018

Hello,

I was wondering whether I could use some tool/plugin/additional software to
produce a big series of maps that are very similar to each other, except
that each one uses a different data set.

So in other words. I have a lot of different CSV-files that I input into
QGIS 2.18, and this is the process of me making a single map:
1) apply CSV-layer to QGIS, apply vector layer of the map of Finland and its
administrative borders (municipalities)
2) merge the CSV-data with the map vector layer, using municipality name as
the common value
3) create the classifications and visualize the data within the map
4) go into map layout mode and create a finished map with headlines, north
arrow, scale, legend etc.
5) and then do the same with a hundred different datasets

Is there a way to do this without going over every single step manually for
each map? I'm open to any solution, whether it was using QGIS, a different
version of QGIS, or even ArcGIS.

I have saved templates in the QGIS to save the map layout, but it doesn't
save a lot of time and it caused numerous crashes when I used it. For some
reason QGIS does not like when I save a map layout and then use it with
another map.