[Qgis-user] How to use the digitize tab in layer properties in QGIS 3.4

Andreas Wicht a.wicht at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 02:19:22 PST 2018

Hi again,

> On Tue, 6 Nov 2018 at 09:23, Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch> wrote:
> With the initial release there was an issue that the checks were only enabled if the project was saved and reloaded. Meanwhile this has been fixed and the checks can be activated and will take effect immediately (with the next patch release 3.4.2 or any nightly build until then).

After upgrading my installation to 3.4.2 (Win10) I tried the feature
again and run into the following problem:
I have a layer open (tested with *.shp *.gpkg and PostGIS), set the
desired digitizing setting in the layer-options and forcefully add a
topological error.
What then happens is that the validation finds the error, therefore
the layer can not be saved, but the panel does not open.
The log messages say:
- 2018-12-03T11:06:33     INFO    Geometry Validation : Running
geometry validation checks before saving…
- 2018-12-03T11:06:37     WARNING    Could not save changes. Geometry
validation failed.

Am I missing any prerequisite which is necessary? I tested on fresh
layers/projects.

Cheers