[Qgis-user] CRS problem for OVR file

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Tue Dec 18 06:39:52 PST 2018

Taimur,

both files lack any CRS information. For Shapefiles, this should be in
the .prj file. Looking at the extent, it seems to be latlon degrees,
placing it on a nature reserve in Central Oman (sorry I can't read the
Arabic label on Openstreetmap, but bing imagery has AL Wusta around there).

BTW if you share shapefiles, add the .dbf/.prj/.shx files too.

The raster seems to be unreferenced. If you have a XML file containing
metadata, it might contain the necessary CRS information. The .ovr alone
is not enough.