[Qgis-user] Auth Manager

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Mon Feb 5 09:57:15 PST 2018

I'm not entirely sure I've titled this correctly.

I have a client that has about 20 people editing. There is a want to
reduce editing pain by introducing dropdown lists in the form of widgets.

  * 20 users have 20 logins to the postgres/postgis database
  * 20 users have 20 qgs files which need to be replaced

My first thought to "fix" some of the headache was using the
Authentification manager. I would have everyone set that up and I could
build the qgs files and pass them along. They would open them and be
asked for a password. The Authentification manager passes their
credentials back to the database. It replaces the authcfg in the project
with theirs and life is good.

What I am finding is that my layers which have an Auth-id of xxxxxxx
never get replaced by the Auth-id of their machine of yyyyyyyy - so
every time they open my new qgs file they are prompted for the password
of the authcfg database and their connection credentials. Which - maybe
that's the way it works and not the way I think (which is generally not
the way the world works).

example: /dbname='client_database' host=gis4 port 5432 sslmode=disable
authcfg=*938s81lr* key='id' srid=2274 type=multilinestring
table="fiber.m_fiber" (geom) sql=/

/Their authcfg is not/*/938s81lr. /*/It never gets replaced**with their
*authcfg*/*/
/*

Is there a way to replace authcfg with their authcfg which would let me
cascade these new QGIS files to the users? I could eliminate three
things that must be typed down to one upon opening the file.

Thanks much! Hopefully this all makes some sense.

Randy

--
Randal Hale
rjhale at northrivergeographic.com