[Qgis-user] Caching QGIS server WMS tiles

Gerald Kogler geraldo at servus.at
Tue Feb 6 03:51:57 PST 2018

Hi,

I recently migrated some map services from Geoserver to QGIS Server and
up till now everything works quite nice. I only miss the possibility to
cache tiles, mostly used by Openlayers.

I could use the standalone version of GeoWebCache but installing Java
and Tomcat on the server seems quite an overhead. So what would be the
best alternatives?

I would prefer any open source alternative written in Python or PHP.
What is the preferred tool by ppl in the room, TileStache, Mapproxy or
something else I don't have on my radar?

thanx
Gerald