[Qgis-user] Windows AD Authentication in QGIS?

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 07:31:15 PST 2018

Hi

I don't have experience with AD, btw boundless team (Larry, me and
alessandro in that case) developed months ago a c++ plugin for the
authentication system (beware it's not a plugin for qgis but for the
auth system used in qgis) that allow integration with Windows
Keystore.
The plugin remained private in the Boundless repo because commercially
distributed with Boundless Desktop qgis distribution, and I don't have
idea to what clients... btw almost all the Desktop team was fired and
no idea if Boundless Desktop is still actively maintained.

FYI creating a new C++ plugin if the certs are exportable is not hard
to do (the hardest part is to use archaic winCrypto windows API) ...
but I've no idea if it fits the AD requirements. The best person to
ask to create what you is Larry (larrys at dakotacarto.com)

Luigi Pirelli

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition: