[Qgis-user] Hi-dpi 3.0 beta tests, your feedback wanted...

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 22:41:34 PST 2018

Hi all,

If you're running a QGIS 3.0 beta and have a hidpi/retina display, I'm
after some feedback.

Can you please run the following commands in the Python console:

ss = iface.mainWindow().styleSheet()
iface.mainWindow().setStyleSheet( ss + ' QToolBar > QToolButton
{padding: 8px;} ')

and see if the result is an improvement? Try running just the second
command and tweaking the padding amount, and let me know:

1. your platform
2. the "icon size" setting in QGIS options
3. what you think the ideal padding should be.

For me, on Win 10, 48px icon size, setting the padding to 8px makes a
HUGE improvement in the appearance of the toolbars. But I think this
padding needs tweaking by platform/icon size, which is why I need to
feedback...

Nyall