[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.2 installer doesn't find Python 3.6 on Mac?

Rémi Desgrange Remi.Desgrange at fibrea.net
Mon Jul 9 23:46:32 PDT 2018

You need python3.6. Not 3.7.

Cordialement, Rémi Desgrange

Le 09/07/2018 18:45, « Qgis-user au nom de MacQueen, Don » <qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org au nom de macqueen1 at llnl.gov> a écrit :

    Hi,

    I have (finally) upgraded my MacOS to 10.13.5, and am reinstalling/updating various apps, including QGIS.

    When I try to install QGIS (step 3 on the QGIS dmg, after having done steps 1 and 2 in order), I get the message
       "QGIS requires Python 3.6"

    Apparently, the QGIS installer isn't finding the newly installed Python 3.7.
    Strikes me as a path problem. I'd appreciate help solving it.

    Thanks!
    -Don

    More detail:

    I downloaded
       QGIS-macOS-3.2.0-1.dmg
    from the QGIS website, and followed its instructions in order, including
      1. install Python 3
      2. Install GDAL complete

    I first installed Python from
       python-3.7.0-macosx10.9.pkg
    which I found following the links in the step 1 readme.
    I ran the
       "Update Shell Profile.command"
    script provided with Python3.
    I then installed GDAL complete.

    After having done all that:

    In Terminal.app, I get

    [8]% which python3
    /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/bin/python3

    [9]% which python
    /usr/bin/python
    [10]% python --version
    Python 2.7.10

    I have tried logging out and logging in, and even restarting. Didn't help.

    --
    Don MacQueen
    Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory