[Qgis-user] Contour Smoothing Issue

Andrew Davies tazdronesolutions at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 16:09:04 PDT 2018

I am losing the Z axis on contour lines when smoothing or removing small
objects using the generalize plug in. This also happens when smoothing or
simplifying geometry.

My workflow is to extract contours from DroneDeploy, Then smooth and remove
small objects in QGIS then save as a DXF and open in ACAD. When opening in
ACAD there is no z axis on the contours after smoothing. If the lines are
extracted from drone deploy and not tampered with the Z axis remains intact
when exported to a DXF and opened in ACAD.

I believe because it's moving the contour lines when smoothing, it's
deleting the z axis data. Is there a way to keep this data intact?

This is my first post on the mail list so I apologize if my description is
lacking information.

Thank you very much.