[Qgis-user] Contour Smoothing Issue

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Wed Jul 18 16:31:44 PDT 2018

Hi,

I find that the best way to do this is to smooth the raster before extracting the contour lines.  I guess the generalize plugin does not handle the z in the shape files and therefore save the shp as a 2D file.  Grass has good options for generating contour lines and much of the noise can be reduced using the Grass options.

Nicolas