[Qgis-user] Ubuntu repository

Daniele ViganĂ² daniele at vigano.me
Mon Jul 30 08:44:11 PDT 2018

Hi Brock,

it looks like that QGIS 3 on Xenial is available only via the
*ubuntugis-unstable* repo
as stated by the '*Supported distribution versions*' table in the download
page:

Ubuntu
18.04           bionic           yes
17.10           artful           yes
16.04 (LTS)     xenial [5]       yes
14.04 (LTS)     trusty [4]       yes

[5]    3.0 and above only available with ubuntugis-unstable (plain xenial
lacks GDAL2)

Cheers,
Daniele

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 5:24 PM Brock Riedell <kbrcbc at shaw.ca> wrote:

> All,
>
> I believe I've identified an issue with the Ubuntu 16.04 (xenial) QGIS
> repository.  I planned to install QGIS version 3.2.1 on a spare laptop.
> I purged the previous version (2.8.6 or thereabouts), and then followed
> the Ubuntu install instructions, using the repository 'deb
> https://qgis.org/ubuntu xenial main' (_not_ the ubuntu-ltr repository).
> The install went fine, but I find I'm running QGIS 2.18.16, not 3.2.x.
> Before I lodge a bug report, can somebody please confirm this behaviour?
>
> Thanks
> Brock

*Daniele ViganĂ²*
http://daniele.vigano.me