[Qgis-user] Ubuntu repository

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 15:18:33 PDT 2018

Basically with an older distro like Xenial (as it now is) you are
getting increasingly limited in choices, with an OS that is updated
often as Ubuntu is, there are all these different builds to support
which adds up to a lot of work for a project to build. If you need to
run an older version of Linux then putting Qgis into a virtual machine
is an option (with enough RAM in your system).

Any version 3.x requires Ubuntugis on Xenial because of missing files,
this has been the case since the development in about January 2017.

Ubuntugis has a different release cycle from Qgis as it is maintained by
a different community. Every so often this lack of synchronisation
causes something to break.