[Qgis-user] Converting X Y Coordinates to Latitude/Longitude

David Hochfelder dhochfelder at albany.edu
Thu Jun 7 17:49:50 PDT 2018

Hi All,

I am new to QGIS, so this may be a newbie question easily answered by the
more experienced.

I'm working on a historical GIS project to remap an area of Albany, NY
demolished for urban renewal in 1962. I've succeeded in vectorizing a
historic map of the area (~1960), but the coordinates are not in lat/long
form. I see that there are plugins for converting tables of specific
coordinates, but I want to convert the entire map continuously.

This area no longer exists--all the buildings and streets were cleared for
the Empire State Plaza state capitol complex.

My end goal is to use the rectified map as a way to geotag historic
photographs of particular buildings.

Is there a way to convert the coordinates in a continuous fashion for the
entire region?

Thanks for your help.

Dave Hochfelder

David Hochfelder