[Qgis-user] Converting X Y Coordinates to Latitude/Longitude

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Thu Jun 7 18:54:11 PDT 2018

Hi David,

I’am an archaeologist working in Québec. If you vectorized the map in a local CRS, all you need to do is do a « save as » and change the CRS (coordinate reference system) that is in Longitude Latitude.  If your map is not georefenrenced (that is, you just scanned the map and did not use a CRS, that is more complicated but not impossible.  I usually fixe that do in a CAD but I am sure you can do it in QGIS.  We could talk if you want and I could help you out figured the next steps and steps to avoid this problem (like georefereing the raster map before you start) .Send me an email directly.

You could look at this also.
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/136817/qgis-moving-the-layer-all-features-using-vector-affine-transformation

Nicolas