[Qgis-user] GDBTable Files

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 16:49:37 PDT 2018

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 at 07:50, Mike Flannigan <mikeflan at att.net> wrote:

> I understand GDBTable Files are part of a geodatabase.
> I am please to see that my QGIS 2.14.3 opens these
> just fine.  That was a pleasant surprise.

Hi Mike!

First off, I'd strongly suggest upgrading to 2.18 (or 3.0, if you like
bleeding edge!). You'll get lots of bug fixes and improvement
behaviour over the older, unsupported 2.14 release. If you're stuck on
2.14 for some reason, you definitely should be running the final patch
release for that version, which is 2.14.22.

> I have BLM land data and Federal land data for the USA
> in the GDB format.  I would like to obtain the lat/long
> point data for all the polygons.  If anybody knows a
> straight forward way to do that, please tell me.

Do you mean for each node in the polygons, or just for the centroid?

The easiest way is to use the built-in Processing toolbox.

If you're after a lat/long for the centroid:
1. Run the "Polygon centroids" algorithm to obtain a point for each centroid
2. Run the "Export/Add geometry columns" algorithm to add a field for
centroid x/y values
3. Export to XLS/CSV/etc

If you're after a lat/long for each node:
1. Run the "Extract Nodes" algorithm to obtain a point for each node
2. Run the "Export/Add geometry columns" algorithm to add a field for
centroid x/y values
3. Export to XLS/CSV/etc

Nyall