[Qgis-user] Copying styles issue in 3.0

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Jun 18 01:13:45 PDT 2018

On 2018-06-18 09:05, Patrick Dunford wrote:
> Good day
>
> It appears since 3.0 that there is a problem when a style is copied
> from one layer to another.
>
> In the previous editions I can recall value maps for specific fields
> would be copied between layers.
>
> In 3 I am finding the value map is not copied, meaning each value map
> has to be laboriously copied by hand as there is no means of exporting
> a value map from an existing layer.
>
> I have found value maps are not copied between shapefile layers, or
> from a shapefile to a geopackage. All other style data appears to copy
> successfully.
>
> Do you have any comment or should this be filed as a bug.

Hi Patrick,

no comment (as I did not encounter this yet), but this sounds like an
issue, so I would always file an issue first, adding some
data/projectfile/steps to reproduce. And then sent an email to the dev
list pointing to your issue.

Then it is (even for non devs) easier to reproduce and confirm, and devs
are more sure it is an actual issue to be picked up.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde