[Qgis-user] 3D Map Views and XYZM values

Tyler Veinot tylerkveinot at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 07:01:55 PDT 2018

Hi All;
I have been experimenting with the 3D viewer in QGIS3 and was wondering how
the ZM values are interpreted or if they are at all. When I tested with the
points and polygons it looked like the Z was interpreted as a extrusion or
height; but when I measure all objects seem to be the same size regardless
of M value can someone verify if a M value is interpreted at all in the 3D
view?

Another question, for polygons I can use fields to define things like,
extrusion, elevation, scale, etc...  but I cannot for points or lines in
3D; I was sure I could do this in the 3.0.0 build (currently at 3.0.3). Is
adding this capability something that is being looked into for future
versions?
Thanks;
Tyler