[Qgis-user] qgis 3.2 attribute table thousand separator

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 02:37:52 PDT 2018

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 11:28 AM, Andreas Wicht <a.wicht at gmail.com> wrote:

> > QGIS now respects user's locale taken from the operating system
> settings, you can choose a different thousand separator or omit it
> completely by modifying the settings in your operating system (QGIS restart
> is required).
> >
> > Eventually, we could implement these settings as overrides at the
> application level for a more fine grained control.
>
> Would it be possible to implement this only to influence the
> representation of the number?

This is how I see other software
> products have solved this issue. Separators being copied is probably
> very rarely desired by the user.

I don't have statistics about the copy operations in the attribute table so
I cannot confirm or deny, sorry.

I guess that in some cases you might want to copy the localized format to
paste it in something used for presentation purposes.

I'd suggest you to open a feature request where we can discuss this issue:
it might be possible to implement it in a copy routine when selecting the
cells in the attribute table.

But again, I'm not 100% sure this is always the desired behavior.

Please note that we have two different localized elements (for floating
numbers) here:
- decimal separator (floating numbers only)
- thousand separator

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it