[Qgis-user] qgis 3.2 attribute table thousand separator

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 05:01:20 PDT 2018

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 12:28 PM, Tobias Wendorff <
tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de> wrote:

> Am Fr, 29.06.2018, 12:20 schrieb Alessandro Pasotti:
> > No: not yet, for now you need to change your operating system
> > settings but nothing prevents us to implement this as an override
> > in the QGIS options locale section.
>
> I've give an +1.0000E+12 on this :D
>
> >> The new settings
> >> are damn annoying... My FIDs look like 1.000.400 :(
> >>
> > This is how numbers are supposed to look in your (german?) locale.
>
> Exactly, f.e. locale for money "1.000.000,00 Euro"

I looked into this: the problem is that you can customize the group
separator (thousands) and/or omit it completely but you cannot customize
the decimal point without changing the whole locale (the locale also
defines currency and other settings that are not currently used by QGIS).

So, the best solution here would probably be:

- allow the user to override system locale as a whole (same widget that we
have for the translations)
- add an option to omit the group separator

This way you could set QGIS to have the decimal point from your locale or
from any other locale and you could set it to omit the group separator, but
you would not be able to choose a group separator different from the locale
you selected.

How does it sound?

--
Alessandro Pasotti